Survey of Scientific Research
The university consists of
- 8 first-degree doctoral programs,
- 72 second-degree programs, ranging across 6 subjects, 17 first-degree disciplines;
- 34 first-degree graduate programs,
- 218 second-degree graduate programs covering 11 disciplines, 51 first-degree subjects,
- 7 postdoctoral research stations, “The State Base for Teaching and Research in Fundamental Sciences”, “The State Research Base for Cultural Quality Education of College Students”,
- 2 national-level key disciplines ,
- 6 key disciplines granted by the national “211 project” and 52 provincial key disciplines .
- There are a variety of 179 scientific organizations, with the State Center for Engineering Research, one State Popularizing Center for Technology Research,
- 2 key laboratory of the State Ministry of Education, one State Research Base for Clinical Practice of Medicine,
- 10 provincial key laboratories (Engineering Research Center),
- 7 higher institutions key discipline open laboratories of Henan Province,
- 1 animal experimental center of Henan Province, one key research base for the study of humanities and Social Sciences ( cosponsored by the State Ministry of Education and Henan Provincial government ) and
- 9 higher institutions key research bases for the study of humanities and social sciences of Henan Province. The university is acknowledged for its strong capabilities of fundamental research and applied research as well as for its scientific innovation.